Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hbillups3

Re: Why is it so difficult to connect Hotel/Dorm option!?

After going through several pages of comments and posts on the same subject I've come to the conclusion that aside from a complete factory reset there is no way to access the hotel and dorm feature when the Mac address resets prompting you to have to log in again. 

This is a problem and Roku seems to have no interest in addressing it with an update or anything of that nature and for that reason I will be returning my Roku to buy an Amazon Firestick A complete waste of time setting up all of my streaming accounts on this device. 

Hbillups3

Exactly! This makes me want to return my Roku for a Firestick

HotelFubar

Re: Hotel / Dorm Mode for Streaming Stick

For Danny with Roku, please follow these steps.

1. Grab a streaming stick plus

2. Go to your local Marriott branded hotel. Stay there for a night.

3. Try to connect to the hotel wifi with the streaming stick plus. Spend the entire stay trying to connect the Roku.

4. Report your findings to your peers At Roku

5. Come back here with a real solution from Roku.

HoshBagosh

Hotel Dorm can’t authenticate twice

This is the most infuriating thing about Roku. I have it mainly to travel with and when I go to the same hotel twice it won’t let me authenticate the room number etc again on my second stay. I’ve tried resetting network settings and it still attempts to connect, gives me the option to say “I am at a hotel or college dorm”, and then after 5 seconds it tries to connect again. Then gives me the option again and 5 seconds later it attempts to connect again. So far the only solution is a factory reset but since I travel a lot, it’s so dumb to have to do that each time. I should have the option to forget a network and start over. A network setting reset should also fix the issue but it doesn’t. I don’t even have time to connect to the Roku for the authentication page to pop up. This is like the 5th time it’s happened to me and I’m so close to buying a different brand device to take on the road with me. 

0 Kudos
Tinatee08

Re: Hotel Dorm can’t authenticate twice

Same problem here also it connects to the hotel wifi but doesnt give me an option to put in password so it will connect HELP

0 Kudos
SteenAnn
Reel Rookie

I currently have a roku TV that I've had for several months. I am a full time RV person. The location I'm at now I paid for Internet, but I cannot connect to dorm/hotel connection.

I have tried hooking up through my phone's Wi-Fi hotspot and had no problem, currently using it to watch my hulu.

But the fact being that I paid for Wi-Fi and I should be able to connect my roku TLC TV to it, unfortunately I cannot get it to connect to room/dorm I've tried this with my phone in with my tablet.

#TLCRokuTV

0 Kudos
Dave_ROK
Binge Watcher

unfortunately Roku isn't really looking to solve the problem (look how old this thread is with no solutions offered).  You may need to do what some of us did and buy a Fire Stick, Apple TV or Chromecast (which is ridiculous, of course)

SteenAnn
Reel Rookie

Ugg, re-thinking Ruko all together.

Thank you so much, yes I realized how long ago this thread had started. And I did everything Ruko suggested.

I absolutely agree though, they have no interested in solving this problem.

I'll probably end up going with all the the suggestions you and everyone else found to be useful.

Again thank you so much for your reply. I'll be amazed if Ruko response. 

0 Kudos