Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sasha4

Can't get remote to agree to new terms

I used Roku a few weeks ago.  I turned it on today and it asks me to agree to new terms.  But when I click OK on the remote it doesn't do anything.  Neither does '*'.I changed the batteries and no difference.  I rebooted and the remote was able to move the cursor for a few seconds before the message comes up.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Sasha4

Re: Can't get remote to agree to new terms

I just chatted with an agent and the problem was with the pairing.  Once they guided me thru resetting the pairing - all it good!

It's actually much worse.

I have an old ROKU TV. I went on vacation and returned to this garbage. My version calls for me to "select" and "accept" the terms. The latter is a purplish button. I have pressed every button on the remote; none does anything. There is no apparent way to accept or reject. My guess after 50 years in programming is that older models do not have some device-specific coding for the remote.

In any event, supposedly one must accept by Mar 21, which has passed, or acceptance is automatically assumed. I don't care! For me it's just a TV that connects to the Internet. I don't use any of their special services anyway.

I invite one of their brilliant lawyers would come to my house so that I might express my "appreciation" in concrete terms anyone could understand.

R

0 Kudos
GoGoGadget

Thank you! This worked for me as well. Here are the instructions for reference: https://www.businessinsider.com/guides/streaming/how-to-reset-roku-remote?op=1

0 Kudos