Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mts713
Reel Rookie

don't reconnect to last device

I have three roku devices at home. frequently i will be using one and then turn it off and move to another room and want to use the roku in that room instead.

I use my Android phone as a remote frequently. The problem is that 3 out of 4 times the Roku app opens and gets stuck at "reconnecting to last device" and i have to go force stop the app and restart it. 

I have previously been guided by roku support to switch all my devices to the same wifi network (i have one on 2.4 and one on 5ghz which share the same logical network). This makes absolutely no impact on the behavior on my phone. The behavior also has persisted through multiple versions of android OS, the roku app, and both a samsung and a pixel device. It is for this reason i believe it to be an issue with the app itsself.

My proposed solution would be to simply offer a toggle switch option in the app as to whether i want it to try and reconnect to the last Roku device.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1

Re: don't reconnect to last device

Happens to me too through multiple devices, OSes, app versions. Even happens to me on same device. We have one in our bedroom and one in the living room, 90% of my app usage to use as a remote is in the living room and the "Finding last Roku device" never connects back. I always have to force stop and reopen the app, even when the TV is still on.

Would love to see this looked into.

0 Kudos