Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeR69

Version Naming of Streaming Players

It would be really helpful if you would name the players with a year model number. For example if I want to order a Roku Ultra or Ultra LT I can't tell which model I'd be ordering on almost all sites without ordering one then checking the box for the model number. I can't tell if I'd be getting a Ultra LT 2021, 2022, 2023. Heck I can't even be sure which years new models came out. Same with the Streaming Stick 4K.  If you named them with a subscript it's be very helpful. For Example Streaming Stick 4K(subscript 23) for the 2023 model; or Ultra LT(subscript 21) for the 2021 model. I can't even figure out when new models came out. I'm trying to buy the most recent model to be sure i can get the AV1 support, but can't tell for sure because not all 4K models support the AV1 codec. My Ultra plays 4K but it's older so doesn't support AV1, so i have to really work harder than someone shopping should to figure out which ones do and which model i'd be ordering.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.