Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Option to Remove YouTube APP (not the Channel, the APP)

I have read and followed all of the ways to remove YouTube. However, even going through all of the steps to remove the YouTube Channel, YouTube can still be added as an APP. Since there are no parental controls for this, and with the addition of the YouTube "sign in as guest" option, I am relegated to having no parental control over my own tv, especially when trying to protect my children from the vast amount of inappropriate material on YouTube. 

Roku, please add this feature. Help us parents out. 

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
saadia1214

Re: The Option to Remove YouTube APP (not the Channel, the APP)

Agreed!  There really should be an option to password protect apps.  This would be one that I would password protect.  I only want my kids on youtube if I am around and we watch certain things like Cosmic Kids Yoga etc.  This is unacceptable in this day and age to not have something in place to protect kids from these rabbit holes.

SonjaDelaney
Reel Rookie

Yes! I am having this problem too and am almost at the point of removing Roku entirely since these protections are not in place! I want to be able to password protect any apps that I, as a parent, do not want my children to have access to. Even if we have the app, but have a password to open the app or change the app account since if it gets logged out the kids have figured out how to just use the “guest” mode on YouTube to get access to anything they want. This is a big problem so would be great if some of the app distribution providers would put some safeguards for parents as a backup for when the app companies do not.

Tags (1)
BP9

Agreed, this is total BS. Roku is siding with BigTech for profit over parent's wishes and children's safety. No excuse not to add this simple feature.

0 Kudos