Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krsherman
Binge Watcher

Smart Home: Notification Zone

In the Roku cameras, you can set a detection zone to only detect motion in certain parts of the field of view.  I propose adding an additional setting for notification zone.  I want my camera to detect motion in the entire field of view (road, sidewalk, driveway, etc), but I only want to be notified if there is motion in my driveway and not for people on sidewalk or cars on the road.  This would ensure I could capture video for events near my house but only notify me for things that may need my immediate attention.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
newuser612
Channel Surfer

Re: Smart Home: Notification Zone

So if i want to receive notifications for the field of view, I would turn off the detection zone? sorry, im trying to learn my camera's

0 Kudos
krsherman
Binge Watcher

No, if you turn off detection zone you'll get notifications for the entire range of view.

My post was to suggest a new feature that separates detection zone and notification zone into different categories. That way I could get a recording of any motion the camera detects, but only a notification if the motion is in a certain part of the field of view.

0 Kudos
newuser612
Channel Surfer

so, you would say perhaps have the detection zone set to say a front door and receive a notification about that but the rest of the room is still being monitored and recorded if motion, correct ?

thanks for the help

0 Kudos
krsherman
Binge Watcher

Exactly. For my specific use case I have a camera aimed at my driveway which captures the sidewalk and detached garage. I have had incidents on the sidewalk where I wish I had a camera to review. But I also don't want a notification every time somebody walks down the sidewalk. I want video of it, but only notification if there's motion near my house.

0 Kudos
newuser612
Channel Surfer

Thank you so much for your help. I greatly appreciate it. And you helped me understand better !!!