Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcb1

Roku "your home channel"

OK, I have TVs all over the house. When watching an OTA channel, like for sports, I can play on all the TVs so I and guests can move around. Besides the main screen, the screen in the kitchen, bathroom, etc all are more or less synced in a matter of speaking.
So if I have a Halloween party this weekend, sure I can have the same frankenstien move playing on each roku but not synced together and using 5x the bandwidth needed.
I would like to see a device or an app on a PC that can be added to my roku channel that would connect to the source. Then using my roku account I can bring up the show on the device and every TV (all have rokus) could get the feed off of the device just like all the live streaming channels but with so much less effort and bandwidth used.
The key point vs DNLA/VLC/etc, is the one device getting content from roku and is then operating as the streaming source for the roku "my home" channel.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.