Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thongkhin
Binge Watcher

Previous channel

This is just a suggestion. Couldn't find any other place to post.

It would be nice if ROKU would include a "previous channel" button on their remotes, like on other remotes (DirecTV for example) when you are viewing TV via a streaming source such as You Tube TV, FUBO, Hulu, etc.

Kind of a drag to be watching one channel and want to watch another one, scroll to it and when watching that channel want to go back to the original one you were watching but have to scroll through all the channels to get to it. If there was a "previous channel" button, you could eliminate a lot of scrolling.

Just a thought.

15 REPLIES 15
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Previous channel

Each channel/app could implement that functionality itself.  It could use something like the * button on the remote.  I'm not sure having a "previous channel" button on the Roku remote would make sense.  In the Roku vernacular, a "channel" is an app.  Some people might like a button on the remote that switched back and forth from Netflix to Youtube or whatever, but that would just be one more button I'd have to rip out of the remote like those stupid partner buttons.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
DHook
Reel Rookie

Re: Previous channel would be nice

I would find it extremely helpful as I like to watch two games or two news stations at the same time and switching between now is a lot of button presses to do so.  Just having one button press to do it sure would be nice.  You know.....like modern TV's.

MilesT
Roku Guru

Two roku connected to one TV on different HDMI ports might do it. 

One using wireless remote (e.g. streaming stick), one with or remote e.g. express (cheap secondhand).

Not a Roku employee

Awesome idea but 3 remotes to do it? One for source

two roku

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Yeah its a lot of hardware, but it is a solution you can have right now, no waiting!

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
Falcon

I just replaced an old ROKU stick with a new one because the old one couldn't find the wifi anymore. Grrr. The old stick I could go to the previous channel/app using the << button. Doesn't work on the new remote. Grrrr again.

Crwalla

Re: Previous channel button to go back to last screen.

For channel surfers, this feature is a must!!!!!

Jenwit21
Reel Rookie

Re: Previous channel button

yes, we are watching football on the Spectrum app and it is annoying to have to go to the guide to return to a previous channel between games. A back or previous channel button like they have on the spectrum remote would be so great!

Dylio

Re: Previous channel (hack by using manage to unselect channels)

Here is a hack that sort of works.  Go into manage channels and unselect the channels between the two you want to swap between.  Then channel up and down bottoms will switch between the two.  I do this when watching nfl on Sunday and want to easily switch between 2 and 11.