Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cloaked1
Reel Rookie

PiP ability would be awesome

I was told to pay this suggestion from another community.  So I am. 

This would be exactly what I was hoping the TV could do. I'm a software developer. I use two of these awesome TCL Roku TVs as dual-display. One of them has inputs connected to my PS4 and cable TV. I'd love it if this TV could PIP one of the other two inputs in the corner of the screen while I'm developing on the other screen.

I hope the devs read these boards. That would be an awesome feature!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
TheRealElbadoo
Reel Rookie

Re: PiP ability would be awesome

I like to watch Youtube feeds for SpaceX rocket launches. Being able to watch both the SpaceX official channel and a commentary channel like EveryDay Astronaut - and being able to flip between them - would be great. That's just my main use case, of course, and I can imagine lots of others.

Conceptually, this wouldn't rely on any sort of capability within the TV/monitor you're using. This would instead need extra hardware and software within the Roku box itself to be able to stream two distinct feeds and then manage compositing them into the HDMI output to the screen. Add a dedicated PIP button into the remote and Roku would have an absolutely killer product that (as far as I know) nobody else has.

I bet it would get some great press and for me it would be easily worth the premium cost it would take to put this on my main TV. This would be a HUGE feature addition for Roku. Roku Ultra Ultra? Roku Ultra x2? Oh, please make it happen...

0 Kudos