Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrDB
Binge Watcher

Re: Photo Streams - remove QR code option

definitely helpful.  I am really looking for something like the slideshow we get on the roku, but I'd like for the guests to be able stop forward or backup the slides so they can spend as much or as little time on a slide as they like... we use this for guest info in our short term rentals and I need it to start running anytime the tv is first turned on.... like the roku does, but more control over the slide play and obviously... no obnoxious QR code I can't control.

EdLetts
Channel Surfer

At this point it seems a waste to add my 2 cents but in my situation this is a show stopper. Need to find another app.

WDHansen
Reel Rookie

Let us know what you find. As a long-time Roku user and investor, I'm puzzled.

David
hellcycle1

This needs to be gone, it is so annoying and blocks part of the images i put into these streams to actually SEE them, not some useless(for me) code nonsense

Please remove the QR code. It is unnecessary and ruins photos.

MrCrawfish

Roku I will give you my first-born as an indentured servant of you'd please just add a toggle to disable this.

Please. Pretty please. It's such a an easy fix. One of your interns can take 3 minutes to add a bool toggle to the overlay.

I'll even take a compromise: if part of the lack of change is because there's a desire to display a call out to Photo Streams by name -- fair! Then make the toggle remove the code and add a single-line "Powered by Photo Streams" to the bottom right. Charge me 5 bucks to remove the watermark.

Photo Streams is such a a lovely feature. We love that it takes advantage of the 4K display. Finding high-res scans from museums of our favorite art and using the TV as a part of making our home feel relaxing is fantastic.

But the QR code.

My God, the QR code.

Please. My God, please. Just let us remove it. **bleep**, make Photo Streams open source and let US remove it. 

What if I cut off a finger? A leg, perhaps? 

DrDB
Binge Watcher

Well said my friend.  Well said.  I just wish someone was listening.  And, I'm pretty sure they are not!  

mjrevrac

We were looking for a way to put a slideshow in our offices, and this QR code is a complete dealbreaker. Really surprised to find that it's not optional. Unfortunately, this is a dealbreaker since we're rotating the monitors to be portrait orientation, so we'll have to buy alternate devices. Roku, you just lost $500 in business because of this issue just from our company, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were many other businesses going elsewhere. All you have to do is make this optional, it would take a programmer 15 minutes to do this.

Please delete the QR man. I was gonna recommend photo streams to friends and family but the QR is so horrible i dont think they would like me anymore if i did. Its crazy that this has been a problem for almost 2 years, when almost every roku user is begging you to take it down or make other options, instead of an ugly and sketchy QR. Learn customer service skills PLEASE!