Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HTNut1975

NATIVE STREAMING RESOLUTION--Let the expensive TV's do their job when they have the chops for it.

When selecting upscaling/TV type (e.g., 1080p, 4k HDR 60), the user should have the option to select something like "native/non-scaling" where whatever is streamed, it is done so natively such that the TV does the upscaling, if upscaling is needed. The processor for upscaling in my Sony Master's Series is going to be considerably better than any upscaling that the Roku could do, so why limit the TV's ability?  If this feature were implemented and it was very clear to the user what it meant (i.e., that it sent native lower-level resolution to the TV with less-than UHD content), it would be a tremendous advantage for videophiles over competitors (because most of them do not do this as well).

6 REPLIES 6
Kjsin1994
Reel Rookie

Re: NATIVE STREAMING RESOLUTION--Let the expensive TV's do their job when they have the chops for it

Completely agree.

0 Kudos
MountainStream
Reel Rookie

Re: NATIVE STREAMING RESOLUTION--Let the expensive TV's do their job when they have the chops for it

Is there a way to get a response from the Roku team on the possibility of supporting nation streaming resolution?

0 Kudos
MountainStream
Reel Rookie

that's "native streaming resolution" not nation

0 Kudos

Totally agreed - since I just bought an expensive 4k TV that's known for having some of the best upscaling around.

swundler

DITTO!

0 Kudos

Yes!  Roku, PLEASE do this!! 

0 Kudos