Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lylejk
Streaming Star

Feature requests for the new Rokucastor application and interface.

For those that may not know, you cannot use the legacy method to cast to Roku any longer.   It's been replaced with Rokucastor (see this thread).   After using the windows version of the app for a few weeks, I do have some requests.   Would be cool that after a video ends, you can reply video using the Roku remote (once I cast from my PC, I usually have the PC turned off) since sometimes I would like to replay the video after it ends.  The old system allowed you to do this until it timed out.   Also, if possible, would be cool to cast live youtube videos; believe you could do this with the legacy way (at least I thought I did so before).   Live is not an immediate need but it was brought up at the afore mentioned thread.   Also, it would be cool to have a Chromium (heck, if possible, Firefox too since some folk still use it) plugin so you can use Edge or Chrome browsers to cast.   If that cannot be done, it would be cool, within the app, to know what version of the castor software you have and to be able to update it within the app itself instead of having to download and install manually every time.   I did just that a few days ago (but haven't checked to see if any new versions have been released since).   Currently, as mentioned, you cannot identify what version of windows app is running within the app (can, of course right click on the executable and look at the properties; I currently have 0.0.16.0).    Of course, the better solution would be to release the app into the Windows App store and maybe that eventually is the plan.    Anyway, just some suggestions I have for the app/interface.  Maybe others might have some suggestions as well so starting the thread for feedback.   🙂

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
lylejk
Streaming Star

Re: Feature requests for the new Rokucastor application and interface.

Just found out that 0.0.17.0 was released and installed it.  Works fine.   🙂

0 Kudos