Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nathan_k
Reel Rookie

Feature or Channel Request: Sleep Timer

A new feature or channel should be added with Sleep Timer functionality. It should be like the "TV Off" channel that was added in a 2020 update that works with the TV CEC function to allow the Roku to send a "power off" signal to the TV at a specified time or specified number of minutes/hours.

Note: Please, don't suggest using a inline power timer. This is dumb, as I go to bed at different times and have no desire to dig behind the dresser every night, nor do I want to go and setup a timer on some Smart power strip. Also, I'd rather leave the TV with power, instead of basically pulling the plug out of the wall.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
nathan_k
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature or Channel Request: Sleep Timer

Is this really not of interest to anyone else? I can't imagine this would be difficult to implement, especially with the TV Off function already in the devices.

0 Kudos
PokaiBay

Re: Feature or Channel Request: Sleep Timer

Okay here is my situation, in settings, sleep timer is turned off.  However, when I go to a live TV channel there is a sleep timer set for 30 minutes and the screen is black.  I can not figure out how to cancel this timer.  Repeated attempts in the settings to turn off sleep timer has not worked.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos