Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeachBum99
Reel Rookie

Feature Request: pre determined app load on new setup

I currently manage eleven Roku devices of many types across two locations.  I will be adding more in the future.  I would like to be able to have a default app setup with order and content pre-determined and load it on the next setup.  It is a pain to delete all the stuff I don't want, load the stuff I do want, and reestablish the order.  That would be a great feature.  Thanks for your consideration.

2 REPLIES 2
Schmitzy

Re: Feature Request: pre determined app load on new setup

I contacted support about this problem. Surely everyone runs into it when they upgrade to a newer Roku. How can there not be a template of channels and order to use for setting up a new Roku or even resetting an existing one?

P.S. My contact to Roku support yield this response when I asked about this problem (note it has nothing to do with my contact)

We've added an update to your support request #(3459622). To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Roku Customer Support

CS/CH-Gomathy Baskaran, Mar 26, 08:18 PDT:

Hello Richard,

Thank you for contacting Roku Support.
Roku provides the customers  with features that allows you to maintain your own profile of channels by moving and placing them in any order as per your wish. Please follow the link below to move the channels:

https://support.roku.com/article/208756948 (How do I move channels on my Roku® streaming device?)

You can also visit https://support.roku.com/ for support in future.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
Gomathy
Roku Customer Support.

0 Kudos
BeachBum99
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature Request: pre determined app load on new setup

It was obvious that support didn't even read the suggestion.

I know how to move, delete, and install apps on the Roku, having done it many time.  I would just like to have a template in my profile that has the bulk of what I want on the Roku and the tweak it for the individual device.  Oh, well.  I just thought it would be a useful feature for a majority of the Roku community.

Thanks.