Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottatl
Channel Surfer

Feature Request: What we want in the new pro remote - Please add your thoughts.....

I have a few requests for the pro remote you are developing.   The number one is IR!!  I need to control my AVR system without holding two remotes.  This to me should be table stakes for an Ultra or pro remote.

I also want backlight.  

I don't care if it is rechargeable, replacing batteries is easy and not done often so I am not sure why that is the focus.

3 REPLIES 3
crxssi
Binge Watcher

Re: Feature Request: What we want in the new pro remote - Please add your thoughts.....

The Ultra remote already has IR.  They just chose not to allow us to use it with AV receivers, which is CRAZY.

Agree with the backlight suggestion.  I would add that they should create a keyboard remote, like TiVo has...

KJSS
Roku Guru

Re: Feature Request: What we want in the new pro remote - Please add your thoughts.....

My 2019 ultra controlls my av receiver.  I found the secret menu.

https://www.kodifiretvstick.com/roku-secret-menu/#Roku_Platform_Secret_Screen

crxssi
Binge Watcher

Thank you for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, none of the AVR codes offered work with my Pioneer Elite SC-91 😞  I even tried all the different regions.  Also tried it all again after an OTA update.  Very disappointing.  Especially since Pioneer is a major brand and they don't even have that many code sets.

0 Kudos