Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cromney
Channel Surfer

Re: Feature Request: Support for audio out - Airplay

Yes, I saw it listed on my phone and under itunes, but I can't play music from Itunes to the Roku stick and or from the Roku to my ie airplay speakers.  Will you be able to do this from yours?

0 Kudos
Tylerdotdo
Channel Surfer

Yes, I could play music and also video to it. I played hbo max, and it played pretty well. You will not be able to stream airplay 2 from your Roku to an airplay 2 speaker. Based on apple’s airplay 2 page, no device outside of Apple products can send out.

cromney
Channel Surfer

Just to verify more info. What version of Itunes do you have installed? ,which wireless band are you in, 2.4 or 5ghz ?  from a pc or from a Mac? Thanks.

0 Kudos
danielw

From what I understand reading multiple sources, this isn't something that will be possible any time soon, unless Apple has a change of heart. I tried to output an Apple TV stream both to Roku as well as the HomePod. As soon as I connect to the HomePod, the stream on Roku turns into audio only.

BGage

Just hooked roku stick up to a projector and it would be great if you could chose to send the audio signal from the stock to my sonos speakers without interrupting the video.

Akiymoto

I tried this. It doesn’t work.

It just shows cover art of whatever video I’m airplaying with sound and progress bar.

once I disconnect HomePod, it starts airplaying tv video normally again.

I have roku express 4K+ and latest HomePod mini.

0 Kudos
Akiymoto

Same here. Soon as I connect homepod, Roku video turns to audio.

Roku please tell us why?

I’ll be returning my Roku Express 4K+ tomorrow if I can’t find a workaround.

0 Kudos
Tylerdotdo
Channel Surfer

Yeah, it’s time to return your Roku. You can’t mix audio streams and video streams. If video and audio along with audio on your HomePods is what you want, the only way to accomplish this is an Apple TV 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.