Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anatrok
Visitor

Feature Request: Subtitle Support, Motion Smoothing, HDMI Black Level

I just purchased a Roku TV and after spending sometime with it i found a few limitations that are a bit bothersome.   I'm not sure if the forum is the correct place for feature requests, but i searched and saw there had been such posts in the past.  anyway...

1.  SSA/ASS Subtitle support.  I watch a lot of anime, so this is really limiting.  I imagine it would be better for roku's ad revenue for me to stream directly on the TV instead of my xbox?
2. Disable Motion Smoothing.  it's not a problem for inputs since i can enable game mode, but for streaming it makes all the movies look like soap opera's.  It was really disappointing when i bought a $20 4K movie and it look so bad. 
3.  HDMI Black Level. The blacks are too dark on my ps4/xbox.  This looks good for movies, but for video games it's too dark.  I've tried adjusting brightness/contrast, but even with it all the way up some dark objects are too dark. Honestly I've been playing around with it for a while, and i'm pretty sure the tv auto switches depending on what the output is but no mater what i can't get it to look quite right.

2 and 3 could be implemented in the Expert Picture Settings of the app.  It's a bit weird that these aren't already options, but extensive white balance and colour space setting are...

Labels (1)
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.