Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: Sort Channel Tiles on Home Screen In Alphabetical Order

I have 800 channels in my Home list. I like to have my channels in alphabetical order. To accomplish this, while moving channels, I need to click the up button on the remote 260 times (for each channel that i wish to move) to move channels from the bottom of the list to the top of my Home list. This is just ridiculous. Please forward this message to the team who would work on this issue. I love Roku, but this needs to be corrected! Thank you! RolandOttJr@Gmail.com

I sent this message to Roku Customer Support on 11-11-2019.

I also posted it here on the same date.

Suggestions appreciated. Thank you!

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Feature Request: Sort Channel Tiles on Home Screen In Alphabetical Order

This is a great idea! There really needs to be a user sort preference. 

Spoiler

Talerst
Channel Surfer

There are so many channels, features that help organize and find channels would be greatly appreciated.  IMHO the current method could be more intuitive.  For example, it looks like there are 2 "search" icons, one to search titles and one to search titles.  I could be wrong. Please help! 🙂

@jtinnerello wrote:

This is a great idea! There really needs to be a user sort preference. 

Spoiler

tbittle

Still believe they should put sorting by in their software but below is an option.

How to move channels on Roku
  1. Using your Roku remote, navigate to the channel that you want to move.
  2. Press the asterisk button. ...
  3. Select "Move channel." You should see arrows appear around the icon.
  4. Using the arrow buttons on the remote, move the channel icon around the screen until you position it where you want it to be.
Dusty2dawn

I can sort manually, however they will not stay as sorted. Next time or two, they become disorganized when starting the Roku.