Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vwatson
Visitor

Feature Request: Philips hue entertainment area

Philips Hue (smart lights) now have a functionality called entertainment area that control the smart lights around the TV to display colors based on the TV content (like an amblight TV).

Currently to take advantage of this feature you need windows or Mac... Would be very interesting if roku could start a partnership with philiphs to direct control the lights from the roku system.

No other major TV dongle currently support this feature (Apple, Google, Amazon) and implementing this would create a very interesting marketable approach over the other brands.

Pretty please? 😛

I would switch to a new dongle just because of this feature and I am sure that a lot of people would like this

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
cjhughes20

Re: Feature Request: Philips hue entertainment area

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! This needs to HAPPEN!!!! With more people starting to switch to smart lights with colors, this is a MUST!

jlpoakland

This would be amazing.  Right now I have to run shows though mycomputer to my tv for phillips hue to sync.  IF this could be through Roku, it would be a big selling point for me.

TxProud

I agree.  This feature is exactly what led me here.  This would be a very cool adaptation.

Completely agree! I have a TCL Roku TV and would love to add the sync capability without having to buy a separate Roku stick.

Bankai

Direct integration with roku would sell more rokus and roku TVs. I am looking for this feature - it would be absolutely fantastic if I could just have roku sync with the lights directly rather than having to buy a separate device and then plug something else external into that - bypassing roku on my tv itself which can't be synced. Could be a good partnership oppurtunity between hue and roku. 

clownhunter
Reel Rookie

Yes!! Would love something like this out-of-the-box without resorting to buying another dongle or hacking my roku like this guy did: https://blog.ammaraskar.com/roku-tv-philips-hues/

clownhunter
Reel Rookie

Bump! I would still love to see this feature.