Suggest a Feature

Share your requests for new features, channels, etc. with the Roku team! Search keywords and add a kudo to an existing topic to show your support, or create a new topic if your suggestion isn't listed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Feature Request: Parental Controls

ROKU, PLEASE IMPROVE/SET UP EXTENSIVE PARENTAL CONTROLS OR I’M SWITCHING TO A PLATFORM THAT HAS THEM ALREADY!!!! I’ll GIVE U A COUPLE MONTHS! People, we need to ban together & bring up this need of ours or Roku will do nothing about it!! Please speak up: post a concern or need of yours regarding parental controls too, or nothing will change!!! There’s power in numbers(& only in #s).

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Parental Controls

People have been screaming for this for years, so don't bother waiting a few more months.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I wish every person that wanted it, would voice their opinion. So many don’t.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Just switch platforms now (threats of switching will not work and you can come back in future if it is ever implemented). Roku will not have this if ever or not for a long time. Roku is very slow at features that people want. Amazon fire are pretty good for that feature.

Highlighted
Level 8

Dammit, that’s what I was gonna get too! I gotta say, I researched quite a bit...but parental controls were something I totally forgot to question. And of course, at this point in our digital world...it’s not common practice yet! Ughhh, every system in the US is systemically flawed/broken.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the suggestion of an Amazon Fire. It's ridiculous how little control there is with a Roku. I turned off a Channel on YouTube on our computer but even though the account is linked to our Roku, the channel can still be viewed via Roku. So it's actually overriding some channels parental controls.

0 Kudos