Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Forx

Feature Request: Enable usb media network management.

I would like the option to connect to the USB media attached to the Roku ultra from other network devices. Via whatever method you enable i can figure it out(FTP,SSH, etc). Specifically to edit file names and upload media. I personally only need access to this on my local network/subnet. This Roku is used by my Grandfather and I would like to edit and post new media to the attached USB media storage device so that I can manage it for him without disconnecting everything and removing the media. Our houses are on the same network so I do NOT have to cross the internet to manage this device. He is bed ridden and currently his only form of entertainment is the Roku which is great, but it's not great that I have to disconnect it to fix a miss spelled media file, or remove/manage the media files, update it with new pictures etc. He likes things in very specific order and has a really hard time navigating things so if I could connect to the usb media and manage things for him without completely disconnecting him it would be greatly appreciated. I understand the security concerns and as long as I have a way to turn it off and on or secure it to the local network only that would work, but I'm also fully capable of securing it at the network level as well. It would even work if I could manage the USB Media wirelessly directly from a device in the room so as I'm talking to him about it I could edit it based on his requests in real time via bluetooth, wifi etc. That would be better than disconnecting him for however long it takes me to adjust the media files.

0 Kudos