Suggest a Feature

Share your requests for new features, channels, etc. with the Roku team! Search keywords and add a kudo to an existing topic to show your support, or create a new topic if your suggestion isn't listed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Feature Request: Channel Organizing

As far as I know, there is really no way to organize your channels other than doing so manually on each device. Unfortunately It's a very tedious and cumbersome process. 

I would suggest that Roku design a feature that would allow the user to access on their PC where one would be able to quickly organize their channels in one convenient place that would also mirror the channel lineup across all linked devices.  I would also suggest that they add a folder/category feature that would further enhance organization.  I like to group my channels depending on their content such as: Sports, News, Networks, Movies, Music, Applications, etc.  

I'm not a software techie so I'm not even sure if these things would even be possible.  But it sure would be helpful and convenient.   

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Channel Organizing Questions/Suggestions

"Dtolly" wrote:
As far as I know, there is really no way to organize your channels other than doing so manually on each device. Unfortunately It's a very tedious and cumbersome process. 

I would suggest that Roku design a feature that would allow the user to access on their PC where one would be able to quickly organize their channels in one convenient place that would also mirror the channel lineup across all linked devices.  I would also suggest that they add a folder/category feature that would further enhance organization.  I like to group my channels depending on their content such as: Sports, News, Networks, Movies, Music, Applications, etc.  

I'm not a software techie so I'm not even sure if these things would even be possible.  But it sure would be helpful and convenient.

What you're asking is certainly possible. Apple TV does that. Well, not the re-arrange by PC part, but it has the option to keep apps arranged across all devices on the same account.

Let me offer this, though. The most likely reason for needing to rearrange apps is because there's a lot of them installed. You're new. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that in less than a month, you'll find that you use only a handful of apps on a regular basis. In another month, you'll realize there are apps you haven't used since the first month. And so on.

That's not to say your request isn't a valid one. It's to say that you'll find it less urgent if you cull the apps you don't actually use.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Channel Organizing Questions/Suggestions

"DBDukes" wrote:
"Dtolly" wrote:

What you're asking is certainly possible. Apple TV does that. Well, not the re-arrange by PC part, but it has the option to keep apps arranged across all devices on the same account.

Let me offer this, though. The most likely reason for needing to rearrange apps is because there's a lot of them installed. You're new. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that in less than a month, you'll find that you use only a handful of apps on a regular basis. In another month, you'll realize there are apps you haven't used since the first month. And so on.

That's not to say your request isn't a valid one. It's to say that you'll find it less urgent if you cull the apps you don't actually use.

I'm not new. Have had Rokus for years.... I'm just a channel hoarder.    Smiley Tongue
I certainly could pare them down but even so, the ability to organize by category and across all of the devices would be a welcome and user-friendly feature.