Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
commando_j
Channel Surfer

Feature Request: Allow for Hidden PIN Entry for Privacy (PS4 style PIN entry)

Hello,

Looking at the SDK for Roku, it seems like the app developers only have one choice for PIN entry, called "roPinEntryDialog". And that is the PIN pad that we always see for any PIN control. Even within the Roku OS itself (when you need a PIN to add a new app for example).

I would like Roku to give developers another choice in their SDK. The only real option when no keyboard or keypad is present, is to do what Sony does on the PS4. Each key on the remote would represent a number on the keypad. See my attachment as an example. you would need at least 10 keys on the remote to do this, and the Roku remote has more than 10. Example, Left arrow=1, right arrow=2..

I've also included images of how it can be specifically shown on the screen of the Roku, giving the user both options.

I hope something like this can be added to both the Roku OS, and made available to the devs in an updated SDK.

ps4-parental-control-enter-password.jpgExample_PIN.jpgExample_PIN2.jpg

Labels (1)