Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LibraSun

Feature Request: Allow Roku Stick to change 'Input' (via CEC) on HTTP request

DESPITE all of the ROKU API requests being well-documented, such as sending a "Mute" or "HDMI 1" command over the network with a properly formed GET or POST request, some Roku models only respond by changing to their own input.

FOR EXAMPLE my Roku Stick is plugged into the back of a Vizio smart TV, in 'HDMI 3". Pressing buttons on the Roku remote causes the TV to turn on and its HDMI 3 input to become active. This is expected behavior (although potentially disconcerting after a power failure/restore, since I then have to manually reset to HDMI 1 and turn the TV back off!).

IT WOULD BE NICE IF the Roku Stick also conformed with the published API so that sending an "HDMI 1" or "HDMI 2" command in the same way changed the TV to the requested input (i.e. one that the Roku device is not plugged into). The advantages of this work, from the perspective of home automationi hub users, are potentially great.

IMAGINE being able to have a Vera or Hubitat scene called "Turn on Computer" that (a) wakes the PC using Wake-On-Lan, and (b) instructs Roku to switch to 'HDMI 1' so (c) the TV goes on (if not already on, that is). Right now, I use such a scene, but only parts (a) and (c) effectively work; the 'Input' invariably goes to the Roku's own insertion port instead of any other, which I consider a flaw in operation.

0 Kudos