Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSchnee21
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV

Jump to solution

Hi CParker et al.,

I generally agree. For "simplicity" for my kids and significant other we use Rokus on all 4 of our TV's as it creates a common unified experience, with a single remote, that controls access to all streamable content (and controls the TV -- an input button would be nice).

I've considered buy an Apple TV, and I probably will when the 2nd Gen 4K unit is released with a better processor for Apple Arcade (yes, I know the current one works) hopefully in 2020.

My main point, is the frustration that no one company -- not Roku, not Amazon, not Apple have been able (or willing) to make a product that can actually do everything you would want to do:

1) Roku -- No Dolby Vision, No Dolby down mixing (DD+ => DD) anymore.  Let alone HDR10+

2) Apple -- No YouTube 4K, comparatively over priced, historically a walled garden -- but much better now (even Amazon -- finally)

3) Amazon -- not as familiar, but have seen other folks here on the board who have both Roku and Amazon complaining the fire is not all it's cracked up to be.  Certainly not vendor agnostic, but supports a wide variety of apps.  Looks like Dolby Vision and Atmos are supported (as well as HDR10) but not YouTube 4k.  No YouTube TV.

Given that Roku is on their 8th? gen product (I forget) I'm just seriously underwhelmed that my last three generations of Roku Ultras are nearly identical.  In reality, features have been removed and little or nothing added.  Yea, more buttons, different buttons, voice commands I don't use, etc.

Headphone support was nice, but most of my TV's have Blue-tooth these days so not really needed.  My Gen2 4K unit could actually downmix DD+ to DD to the included Toslink.  Gen's 3 & 4 cannot.  I didn't buy the Gen1 4K due to the overheating fan debacle.

I'd probably move to the Apple Ecosystem now that they have Amazon Prime, but at $199 each, I'm not going to spend $800 to buy 4 of them -- especially given that the product is now two years old.

Wiseacre33

Re: Airplay 2

Jump to solution

Any progress on this?  As a long time customer and now investor in your stock, I highly urge you to implement this.  Or at least develop your own Roku App to accommodate Apple devices.  It would be a marriage made in heaven.  

thanks. 

aguaman

Re: Airplay with Roku

Jump to solution

There’s an iPhone app called PlayerXtreme that will allow you to stream video to Roku, FYI. There are other apps as well. 

Airplay 2 support would make this much, much more convenient and Make an iPhone a pleasure to use... especially for playing playlists and other music from the iPhone’s native music app. It would also allow us the ability to take advantage of all the iPhone’s native apps. 

So let me lend my voice, I would love it if Airplay 2 could be added to Roku devices!

Camm

Jump to solution

I would also love to use airplay 2 on my new Roku. 

JayH

Jump to solution

Why can’t roku support AirPlay 2 when many other manufacturers are doing so? Ready to dump Roku...Tired of waiting...

Teaniney
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What about Facebook Watch? Any chance it will be available on our Roku's in this 

time of streaming our church service's? So hard to watch on our cell phones.

Jump to solution

just bring the airplay 2 feature already. 

0 Kudos
weii
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature Request: Airplay on Roku Devices

Jump to solution

Here to add my +1 for this feature request! Airplay 2 support would be well appreciated and would greatly enhance the experience and convenience of using a Roku. I'm not sure why this doesn't appear to be more of a priority given how massive Apple's user base is. It's so cumbersome to have to deal with HDMI when I know that the technology exists for me to do this wirelessly.

JEEVO
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is an alternative to AirPlay 2 on all Roku TVs and devices already: "Mirror for Roku". The app is available for iOS: http://bit.ly/ios-roku

And MacOS: http://bit.ly/TryRoku

And the streaming channel for your Roku is free to install: http://bit.ly/roku-app

fortuna

Jump to solution

Yes yes yes airplay to Roku is overdue

0 Kudos