Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fam34
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature Request: Adjust volume Roku Surround Sound TV Wireless Speakers when paired with Smart S

Jump to solution

@alexsoko wrote:

I don't have the subwoofer and it works fine for me, FYI. Just press the asterisk while actually in a channel and watching something then go down to surround volume.

I have the same products as you and the “surround volume” isn’t there.

0 Kudos
Fam34
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature Request: Adjust volume Roku Surround Sound TV Wireless Speakers when paired with Smart S

Jump to solution

@akakar4858 wrote:

Fam34, so when you are watching a program and you click the asterisks button on your Roku remote and go to sound settings if you scroll down you are not seeing an option that says "Surround Volume"? Also do you not have the subwoofer? I could see Roku pulling some nonsense like that where this only works with all three (3) items I've associated with this post (Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku Wireless Subwoofer and Roku TV Wireless Speakers). This doesn't make any sense to me however that you would need the subwoofer as well because that has nothing to do with surround, that all comes from the two (2) rear speakers. Also try restarting your roku devices and try again. 

That’s correct, no option for Surround Volume. I don’t have the subwoofer only the two rear speakers. I did restart both speakers and the soundbar. Unfortunately still no volume control 😢

Buck5271

Jump to solution

I see all of the same question, How/Can I adjust or turn up the volume of the rear ROKU wireless speakers. But I do not see the answer or solution! So. Is it possible to adjust the volume on these wireless speakers?

akakar4858
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi, this was actually solved back in October (page 4 of this thread) and my answer above. Roku solved this with the Roku OS update to 9.4, which now allows you to adjust the rear speakers level. As for how to adjust when you are in a program (not on the home screen) but watching something press the Asterix button and then scroll down to Sound Settings you will see it there 

0 Kudos
Ed1506
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No, it was not. Roku slapped a 3-position switch on their interface, and called it a volume control.  It isn’t.  It is a half-asses insult to their customers 

akakar4858
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Which is why I'm so glad this my secondary setup and not my primary. I would never ever ever go with Roku ever again on anything. No wonder why TCL is now also offering Android OS where you choose do you want Roku or Android, I have Android on my main setup and it's night and day better. No no its years ahead! 

0 Kudos
Ed1506
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a Sony android TV too, but i still use the Soundbar for sound. What wireless surround setup do you use?

0 Kudos
akakar4858
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

My main setup isn't wireless its a hard wired old school traditional method with a receiver and individual speakers. You're never going to get the level of control you have going that route with a wireless setup unless you spend $1500 on the Samsung HW-Q950T. Nakamichi is a more affordable option ranging from $700-$1200, but doesn't have room correction.  Even Vizio is far and away better than this Roku setup ranging from $300-700, same doesn't have room correction. 

0 Kudos
Funkman

Jump to solution

Was this issue ever resolved?

In the past week, I have emailed Roku twice about this issue and I haven't had any replies. 

Ed1506
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not to my satisfaction. They did implement a three level selector, but that’s hardly a true volume control.  Their solution is for the surround speakers together. No individual control provided