Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display off, Pllleeeasue

Just got a Roku Premiere, fine and dandy device, I'm sure to buy all kinds of stuff to keep me glued to the couch... anyplop

Why can't I turn off the display signal?!?

Yes it's supposed to stay connected to the internet and stay active to download updates and whatnot. That's fine with me, buuut. I have to split the HDMI cords going to my TV for my multiple devices. Like my Nintendo, a Blu-Ray Player and so on. They all go though a HDMI switch to one port on the TV. The switch will detect a signal on the wire and automatically switch to the device that's transmitting. Since Roku is always on it has trouble going to the other active devices.

In the next software update, why can you include an option on the display to turn off the display? Stop transmitting a display alone the wire? - and if I push "ok" or any other button on the remote, the Roku display will switch back on? This would be a nice convenience for the user.