Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pb4072
Reel Rookie

Bouncing back and forth between two channels.

I would like to be able to watch two football [soccer] games at the same time, or at least bounce back and forth between the two of them. My XFinity remote has a "back" option. Roku doesn't seem to have one.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bouncing back and forth between two channels.

What channel/app are you using or is this on live OTA TV?  Channels/apps would have to implement that themselves and some have using the Replay button.  I don't know about live OTA TV, but it used to be possible.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JustJeremy
Reel Rookie

Re: Bouncing back and forth between two channels.

This is a nice feature. Most cable and satellite providers have this. 
Better example is I'm watching a car building show.  My wife hates watching those shows.  So we switch to a show we both like.  She gets up to do something else and I just hit the "back" button.  This button is on our DirectTv.  This back button goes right back to where I quit watching in my car building show.

Also there is an option with most cable/sat providers to do PIP.  This is handy for my wife because she is a football nut and likes to flip back and forth between games and watch several at the same time. 

As a software developer this really wouldn't be that hard to implement doing a back button to the last location you were at in the system. It would take very little memory and be a very handy thing for a lot of people.