Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boz
Roku Guru

Auto power savings: 20 minutes is too short

As suggested by RokuDanny-R, I'm re-posting this in the "Suggest a Feature" forum.  Multiple users in the original thread have also requested this.

"Auto power savings"

20 minutes is too short for our usage. Why can't there be options? Something like a choice of 20, 40, 60, and 120 minutes?

Roku Express 4K+ 3941R (2021)

Version 10.5.0, Build 4201

12 REPLIES 12
Brian-17
Channel Surfer

Re: Auto power savings: 20 minutes is too short

I completely agree with @Boz and others. This is an important feature that we are requesting. Not a day goes by that I wish this feature existed. I have five Roku's, three which are the #Roku Ultra (4800 series). Please keep us updated as to the status of this feature request to adjust the Auto power savings in increments that are longer than just 20 minutes.

Thank you!

Boz
Roku Guru

Dear Roku:

Is there any chance that this has been submitted as a feature enhancement?

larryb8

Agreed. I love to see auto power savings setting to "after 1 hour of no interaction" or custom time settings. 20 minutes is to short. 

profscott
Reel Rookie

Agreed.  Agreed. Agreed. Motion seconded & passed.

Why any software designer (like me) would HARD CODE this as a checkbox instead of a dropdown with several options is beyond me.  Actually, I know why: because some project manager thought it cutting that to save four man/hours was a good idea.  Instead, they've taken a useful feature and made it unusable. 

PLEASE: Change "Auto Power Savings" from a checkbox hardcoded to 20m into a dropdown list at several options: "Disable; 30m; 60m; 90m; 120m" as options... 

Squish321

The other problem I keep hitting with this Auto Power Saving feature - Given 20 minutes is way to short I've turned off the feature. Yet my Roku keeps powering off after 20 minutes of no activity via my controller. This is a frustrating "feature" on my Express 4K.

I've searched for acknowledgement of this bug and intent to fix but have found nothing. Here's hoping its addressed in OS 11 or I'll need to return the device. The bug is unacceptable on movie nights.

0 Kudos
Safyre
Reel Rookie

Give us a choice for A time limit! 20 minutes is nothing! It’s annoying to pause to take a phone call/cook dinner/something and come back to a turned off everything! 

groupmsl

I agree that this should be configurable, bit I would like options less that 20 minutes. We use Roku Express 4k's on computer monitors. The screen goes to sleep when the Roku does, after 20 minutes. It would be great if I could set this to 2 or 5 minutes so the bedroom telly would switch off after a couple of minute of no use.

0 Kudos
BTown

Please add a user selectable timeout instead of the on/off 20 minute timer.

The auto power off is a great idea, but 20 minutes is really too short.  I'd love to see 30/60/120/240 minute options.  This would highlight and enhance the "green" advantage Roku has over cable boxes.

candyman12

Adding several power-saving options to choose from should have been thought of when they implemented the power saving feature. This is another classic example of scope teams/developers not using ANY common sense during the development planning stage. ID 10 T's. Geez.