Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaunmvs

Ability to Block LGBTQP+ content

I would like Roku to add LGBTQP+ content to the list of things that I can block on my account as well as kids acounts.

6 REPLIES 6
Pawngirl11

Re: Ability to Block LGBTQP+ content

I am a Christian and I also don't want to see any LGBTQ programs, ads or anything else like this, including Pride month whatever. I want the ability to choose what ads are shown on my Roku tv if I have to have them. 

jp144
Channel Surfer

I would also like the ability to hide such content on the Roku Channel. Ideally I would love the ability to hide all tv-MA, Rated-R, and LGBTQIA+ movies and television programs. But if that is not possible, ca you please give parents the ability to hide specific titles on the Roku Channel, similar to what we can do on the Prime Video app.

sirald66
Streaming Star

Would this include the ability to block (white) (christian) religions and ((maga) republican) politics?

File this under:  Doesn't Play Well With Others

jp144
Channel Surfer

If that’s what you choose to block I’m okay with that. But when my small children are sitting next to me watching TV I want to have the ability to block things that were long considered unnatural, and are still unnatural regardless of how hard people cry foul. 

HockeyTown

Your Roku comes with a remote. 

Hisbeauty4ashes
Streaming Star

I am wondering if Roku is even listening to the question? I too would like LGBTQ to be block on all my Roku products. I do not want my children to watch this and I do not want to watch it. Just because I have a remote control does not mean it won't pop up! he LGBTQ community seems to have more say and power then we do as consumers which is ridiculous! Something needs to be done about this content heck even sexual content as a whole needs to be blocked. You might find if you had such a product it would fly off the shelves. Its time our voices are heard.

0 Kudos