Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobCo
Reel Rookie

Using Roku express, the tv screen has the Roku going up and down and will not go to main menu.

I have manually reset the express several times. Replaced remote batteries. Unplug the power cord and hdmi cord as well. It is just stuck on the Roku going up and down on the screen. Help!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Using Roku express, the tv screen has the Roku going up and down and will not go to main menu.

Are you using the supplied power adapter and not the TV's USB port?  Do you have another one you can try from a phone or tablet?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RobCo
Reel Rookie

Re: Using Roku express, the tv screen has the Roku going up and down and will not go to main menu.

I am using the adapter that came with the Roku express and plugging into the wall outlet. I have hooked a different Roku express using the same TV, HDMI and power cable and it works fine.  Thanks for the suggestions! Anymore??

0 Kudos
rkB8

I am also having a similar issue. I have tried manually resetting, using the provided hardware, leaving it to buffer, etc. and it still will not go past the loading screen

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Try turning off your router/modem completely. (unplug from power).  Then restart the Roku device and see if it will proceed through the boot screen.  If it proceeds, then plug back in router/modem.

If the Roku device fails to proceed and a Factory Reset does not fix it (press and hold Reset button for 30+ seconds), then likely a failed device or bad power supply and should consider warranty replacement if past the return window. https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos