Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jackk
Binge Watcher

Streaming Stick needs to be restarted constantly

I almost feel the same way. My ROKU Steaming Stick + has ISSUES, Need to constantly restart. 

The Streaming Stick + has the best picture after trying Fire Stick and ROKU Ultra. I'm on my second ROKU Steaming Stick + . The first one started constantly needing restart three to five times per day until it finally gave up the ghost. This one is doing the same thing and BOTH started this after only one year. I guess I'll need to purchase another ROKU Steaming Stick + shortly but would expect to get more than a year without constant restarting. BTW: I had to do the overheating fix and the restarting thing did not get better.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streaming Stick needs to be restarted constantly

Hi @Jackk,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that your Roku Streaming device is constantly restarting, is that correct?

How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? In addition, have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Jackk
Binge Watcher

This is my problem: When I start my TV and ROKU, after a few minutes, BOTH sound and picture go BLANK for a few seconds then returns to the program for a few minutes more....... then AGAIN  goes BLANK.

This goes on until I either turn BOTH devices OFF then ON or I just restart ROKU a number of times.

I need to do the above (restart ROKU) three to five times BEFORE I get a stable picture and sound for the rest of the day. The following day it all REPEATS AGAIN. 

0 Kudos
Jackk
Binge Watcher

BTW: I use a wall plug for power and the short jumper for HDMI port.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jackk

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please clarify how you are connecting your Roku device to your TV? What exactly is a "short jumper"? Are you using a HDMI extender? If you connecting your Roku device directly to the TV and not use any other external devices, are you still experiencing the same issues?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jackk
Binge Watcher

a HDMI extender

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: is it possible to get customer support anywhere?

@Jackk

Thanks for the clarification.

If you connect the Streaming Stick directly to the TV, are you still experiencing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jackk
Binge Watcher

With the ROKU connected DIRECTLY to TV I get an OVER HEATING message.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jackk,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Jackk
Binge Watcher

Serial Number # YH0052542208.

Thanks, Jack

0 Kudos