Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryantakesnaps
Reel Rookie

Re: I think I may have this mystery solved

Adding to this thread b/c I just got a Express 4k+ (3941X | v10.5.0) that is having the same issues as others in here (red hue/contrast). 

alphil
Reel Rookie

Anyone know what can be done to get some attention to this?  I know it a little bit of a niche issue but it is a really bad QOL issue. 

Seems like the solution is laid out here on a silver platter but we just need the right person to see it. 

DA123
Reel Rookie

Add me to the list of folks impacted by this.   Very unfortunate, and I am looking forward to resolution.

jbe44
Channel Surfer

I'm not even sure you can call it a niche issue. It's a flaw with one of the most popular video compression standards out there. Sure, there's a workaround, but it's only a matter of time before a major platform switches to HEVC.

nb139o
Channel Surfer

Also experiencing the issue on the latest roku streaming stick…

0 Kudos
nb139o
Channel Surfer

Question … why would this issue be on my 2021 roku but not on my 2019 roku? Both streaming sticks

0 Kudos
CJLDAD
Binge Watcher

@nb139o wrote:

Question … why would this issue be on my 2021 roku but not on my 2019 roku? Both streaming sticks

HDR/DV maybe... 

0 Kudos
ftballpack
Streaming Star

The newer Roku devices support 12-bit video, aka, Dolby Vision. My 2019 Roku Ultra is only 10-bit aka HDR. This whole issue started when Roku introduced 12-bit/Dolby Vision video support.

0 Kudos
nb139o
Channel Surfer

That makes perfect sense... the 2019 stick only has HDR and not dolby vision. I do have my stick sent to 4k only as I don't like Dolby vision/HDR yet I still get this problem.

0 Kudos
jbe44
Channel Surfer

This issue appears to be resolved after the latest update on my Roku Express 4K. Anyone else not seeing a problem any more?

0 Kudos