Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku volume is suddently very low on every app

Please also see thread: "Major audio issues with roku ultra" as this is very much the exact same issue.

I have a background in computer engineering and I know enough about circuit design to have a brief understanding about what's going on.

Imagine a battery, the longer that the battery is on, the lower the power, the lower your sound.  Eventually it will stop working entirely and go mute or just make a horrific audio noise as the signals are no longer working properly.  This is what's going on in the roku ultra audio circuit and I will express, vehemently, about how horrific the sound quality and functionality is across the board on these devices.  I have a soundbar and it was a game changer because I could hear words!

So... I have experience on this issue over the past ~5+ years on multiple devices and most recently this issue is prevalent. 

In order to "reset" the sound circuit, turn the volume on the TV down to very low... go into the roku home screen, system, restart the roku.  This will force the roku to add a little charge and the sound might function a little better for the next hour or so.  It's something to the point where I have to do this several times a day and it is such an issue with the sound quality in general that I am seriously considering no longer using roku as a product. 

I am not biased into any other product, because I believe roku does an amazing job, but I think this issue of poor audio design has been sitting around the devices for so long that it's basically unacceptable.  They haven't changed it much or at all since the roku 2 days.

Dman2
Reel Rookie

I’m experiencing the very same issue. Was the low volume issue resolved? I had the old Roku Premiere and all the apps required about a 25 in volume. Now all the apps require me to raise the volume to about 70. Very frustrating. This looks like a known issue for a very long time with no resolution. 

0 Kudos
Gigigi
Reel Rookie

Still not working.  No volume, low volume loud.  Apps up to 100 volume still not clear.  Fix this please, years now, since 2023.  Roku tv btw.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.