Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tld1911

Re: Roku keeps booting me off apps

I have a Roku 3600RW and it keeps booting me off of YouTube TV...the problem has gotten worse now multiple times a day. I also have a RokuTV (TCL) that does the same thing. During playback, bot will just randomly go back to the Home screen

0 Kudos
jb50mag
Channel Surfer

i will keep ROKU if they send me a new unit upgrade for free. ive already bought a Roku product. why should i buy another roku product if they will eventually not have updates for that one as well ??? i dont think its fair for Roku to stop servicing one of its products and then make you buy another one. its their decision to stop supporting a product, it should be their responsibility to have its loyal customers receive a replacement at  no charge. or will you just keep charging your loyal customers more money every time they decide to pull support. which product will they choose next ?

0 Kudos
ksgemini
Streaming Star

How old is your Roku. If it’s more than 7-8 years replacing it is realistic   None of my Samsung blu ray players are supported anymore. Tech seems to be that way in general. I always buy the insurance at Best Buy so I’m covered for at least 2-3 years.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@jb50mag wrote:

i will keep ROKU if they send me a new unit upgrade for free. ive already bought a Roku product. why should i buy another roku product if they will eventually not have updates for that one as well ??? i dont think its fair for Roku to stop servicing one of its products and then make you buy another one. its their decision to stop supporting a product, it should be their responsibility to have its loyal customers receive a replacement at  no charge. or will you just keep charging your loyal customers more money every time they decide to pull support. which product will they choose next ?

All the Roku products released before 2013/2014 will no longer receive software updates, because they are considered Legacy Products.  You’re probably better off with a Roku Express+ 3910, if you ever find one at a thrifty market.  I’ve bought that one online from Walmart back in 2020 when they still had it (it’s been out of stock since around then), and after two years, I still own it.  In addition, I own a Magnavox/Philips CRT set from 1994 (which I bought from the Facebook Marketplace for free).

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.