Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docdaddy
Reel Rookie

Roku Uktra random dropouts

I have a Roku Ultra that I had connected directly to my TV (Sony Bravia XBR 65") and no problems at all with all of our streaming services (and we have them all it seems.) 

I upgraded to a new sound system, moving from a soundbar to a Denon X4800h AVR and nice speakers. Sound is SOOO much better! But now the Roku Ultra is connected to the Media Player HDMI on the AVR, and the AVR is connected to the TV using the eARC HDMI on both the TV and the AVR.

Works fine, EXCEPT I am getting random drop outs. For example, watched a movie on Disney + today and 4 times during the two hour movie, seemingly at random, the screen went black and the front panel of the AVR blinked as if it lost he connection to the Roku Ultra. Screen is black and sound gone, for a few seconds, then it all comes back. I see the AVR front panel show the Roku Ultra again. Thinking it might be something going on with Disney +. I went back to Youtube TV, just watching the NFL pregame show, and it did it again.

Any ideas? I have high quality Monoprice certified HDMI cables. All connected well. I hate to move back to another streaming device. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.