Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrimeThisJeffy
Binge Watcher

Roku Streambar HDCP Error 020

I have a Sony Bravia TV from 2008 and a Roku streambar model 9102R

Serial number YLOO8T116673

software version 10.50 build 4210-95

Device ID 2A1178116673

IP address 192.168.0.15 wireless MAC address 20:EF:BD:92:B8:C1

I receive an HDCP Error on any content I attempt to watch. So far I've power cycled the TV and media player 43 times I've tried 7 different HDMI cables including the one that comes with the Roku streambar device that are all high speed HDMI cables and 2 of them are high speed HDMI and Ethernet. I've changed the  auto adjust display rate and I've tried every display type setting available. I've tried all 3 HDMI ports on my Sony Bravia TV I still get the same HDCP Error message on any content I attempt to watch even YouTube and Pluto. Before anyone suggests I use a different TV I want to point out that this Roku device comes in a box that clearly states "works with any TV with an HDMI port" the Sony Bravia TV is clearly a TV and it clearly has 3 HDMI ports so if I do need another TV then Roku better be buying it because I don't want to buy a new TV if I did want to buy a new TV I would buy a smart TV with the media player built in and therefore wouldn't need a Roku streambar. I paid $150 for a media player and I would like to watch content on said media player ASAP I have spent the last 7 hours trying to get this thing to work and I am currently as unhappy with my purchase as I could possibly be. 

0 Kudos