Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JanS7
Reel Rookie

Roku RAF renderer non-fullscreen size

Jump to solution

Hi... Is there a way of rendering ADs using RAF in different than fullscreen size? Having video node ex. 640x480, and a parent view of same size. Passing the parent view to 'showAds' as 3rd parameter doesn't respect the sizes as one would expect. thank you.

Roku_Ads Framework version 3.0711

3810 EU, 12.5.5. build.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku RAF renderer non-fullscreen size

Jump to solution

@alexa09-

You posted to a forum for Roku users, where few, if any, will be able to help.  You were lucky to get a response here.

The Developers forums are a couple of doors down the hall: https://community.roku.com/t5/Developers/ct-p/channel-developers

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
alexa09

Jump to solution

You can try using the setAdContainerView method on the ad request before calling showAds. This method allows you to specify a specific view container for the ad to render within. Make sure the container view has the desired size (640x480 in your case). 

Additionally, if you're looking for ways to optimize your ad integration further, you might explore resources offering promo codes and discounts for ad management tools or platforms. Codes can provide valuable assistance in maximizing the effectiveness of your ad campaigns while potentially saving costs.

Let me know if you need further assistance or have any questions!

0 Kudos
JanS7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi ... thanks but no such function seems to exists. Can you point me to some reference? Thanks.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@alexa09-

You posted to a forum for Roku users, where few, if any, will be able to help.  You were lucky to get a response here.

The Developers forums are a couple of doors down the hall: https://community.roku.com/t5/Developers/ct-p/channel-developers

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos