Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John329

Roku Live TV Is Periodically Interrupted By Non-Commercials

Now that I'm watching Roku Live TV frequently, I've noticed that in addition to normal commercials, programs are periodically interrupted by a mostly blank screen with a message to the effect of "Be Back in X Minutes" and then after an on-screen timer counts down the time, I'm returned to where the program left off. Are these brief, periodic interludes related to buffering?

1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Live TV Is Periodically Interrupted By Non-Commercials

@John329-

No, these are not related to buffering. 

These are channels that Roku leases from other sources, who also lease them to other services.  The program source builds commercial spots into the programming, and puts those "fillers" in.  When the commercial time has been sold, you see the commercial(s).  When not, you see the filler.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos