Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slvis3004

Roku Freezes every time I open an app and try to start a show - unable to contact Roku

My Roku freezes every time I try and watch a show on Apple TV. It also does it on Netflix and Hulu as well. I have done a hard reset and wiped it out, starting from scratch, doesn't help. It is running the latest firmware. My internet speed is 500mbps and it is connected so I know that's not the problem. It will freeze until it resets itself and then will work just fine. I would like to exchange it but every time I get to the screen to start a chat, the "start chat" button is greyed out and I can't click on it. It is within warranty and I just want a new one because it's extremely annoying. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Freezes every time I open an app and try to start a show - unable to contact Roku

Have you tried starting at

Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

I don't know where that leads since I've never needed it, but if you've already tried a factory reset then it seems appropriate.  You may get advice to try connecting to your phone's hotspot to see what happens, but it's not exactly a fix.  It may point to some kind of network issue if it does work.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos