Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dyoung46
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 4670x - HDCP error 020 - HDCP 2.3 supported???

Jump to solution

I'm sorry but what is 4802r?? Software from ROKU??  A newer update? A newer Unit?

I had an older ROKU premier from 2016 which I have gone back to and Wonder of Wonders/ no more problems.  It has 4K capability so I am going to sticking with this and have put the ROKU Ultra back in it's package.   It is beyond frustrating for this company to deny it's problem and encourage the switching out of cables along with the extreme hassle on climbing on ladders to get behind wall mounted units.  Shame  Shame on ROKU.  

0 Kudos
shawnb
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I believe both the 4670x and the 4802r are both considered "Roku Ultra" models.  Just a 2019 version vs a 2022 version.

The 2022 version explicitly supports Dolby Vision, where the 2019 version does not support Dolby Vision. 

Which, frankly, just might be the root cause of some of these issues. 

And that's the deal with support: Instead of "check your cables again!" they might need to ask "are you trying to feed Dolby Vision into an older Roku?"

0 Kudos
rbraunston
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just got off the phone with Roku to verify, for the second time, there are issues with Roku models that end with X, such as 4800X, 4802X, 4670X. The X devices are considered legacy devices and can not be updated or upgraded. Two different supervisors from Roku support told me not all devices have the issue. It is a chip software issue. They recently released models that end with R that has resolved the issue. 

I had the same problem as you. I replaced my HDMI cables with fiber optic HDCP 2.2 and 2.3 hoping this would resolve the issue. Roku offered me a 30% discount coupon to order a new device from their website. I'm currently waiting for the coupon. 

If you restart your device by unplugging it or from the menu selecting restart, it will work as designed. You can stream 4K UHD. 

shawnb
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Correct.  I only had issues with 4K UHD with HDR on YTTV.  

I could do 4K UHD with HDR on other apps.

I could do 4K UHD on YTTV (no HDR).

Swapping out the x unit for the r unit resolved the issue, and I can now do 4K UHD with HDR on YTTV.

0 Kudos
24Faith
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have replaced my modem & cables so many times. I have a new Sony. No 4k. Playback issues too. I also think the roku brings on the green screen to reset everything.  Customer service chat got no where. Took them 20 mins to tell me to reset the wifi connection.   On a phone call, they couldn't spell my name so no account look up.

Who gave you the coupon. Any US numbers besides corporate? They just have voice mail  that states " we may not call you back"  I'll toss my 2 4670x ultras but Im exhausted trying to get support. Its been so long.........thanks for your updates.

0 Kudos
24Faith
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

none of this works. I think Youtube TV is not supporting 4670 roku anymore. Roku ultra on older LG and new Sony tv.  Freezes, resets, cant fast forward........

but thanks

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.