Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morninmel
Channel Surfer

Re: my Pluto channel is not working on any Roku device in my home

Jump to solution

Exact same thing with me! It's Sept. 12th, 2024, and nothing I've tried is working with the Pluto app on Roku just goes back to the Home screen! Pluto works fine on my phone & tablet!

Please Roku Tech's figure out the problem, and get a solution to us that works! I'm a long time Roku user and I love Roku. Any issues I've had in the past, which have been a few always get resolved, but this issue doesn't seem to be getting attended to, please make this a priority, it would be appreciated!

TanyaN
Reel Rookie

Re: my Pluto channel is not working on any roku device in my home

Jump to solution

Still having issues with Pluto here (though issues for me didn’t start until about 9/9/24). Did all troubleshooting (remove, restart Roku, reinstall). Still always acts like Pluto is starting for about 5-10 seconds, then bounces back to main screen.

Frío
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'd really like to know why none of us in months of this issue have heard from Roku. Not only is this problem lingering and becoming an infestation affecting an increasing number of people, but we're being ignored w/ no bug-killing solution. Has anyone heard from Roku directly, by chance? 

SmokingJoe
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I do not know about months. My Pluto issue started happening 4 days ago. I just want it fixed, So far, no Roku staff has answered. 

0 Kudos
vegachicago
Reel Rookie

Re: New Roku streaming stick and Pluto TV not working, keeps going back to home page

Jump to solution

Not really, my other devices still work on pluto tv

0 Kudos
Morninmel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@frio, I've heard absolutely nothing from Roku, and I Absolutely agree with everything you said in your post! 

SmokingJoe
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have a 32" onn. Roku TV and a new Roku Express 4K+. Pluto TV stopped working on them 4 days ago.

0 Kudos
Frío
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Morninmel thank you! It's insane how Roku hasn't chimed in here yet. Especially when there's been increasing activity on this post and our emails of our disappointment and begging them to care to at least let us know they do, or anything at this point. Their handling of this is so disheartening when we expect a higher level of concern and resolution. We're just left to fend for ourselves. There's nothing more we can do to our devices, so the ball is lodged firmly in Roku's court. We can only wait and see if they ever pick it up.

I-Own-4-Of-Them
Reel Rookie

Re: my Pluto channel is not working on any roku device in my home

Jump to solution

@RokuTakashi wrote:

Hi, Community users. 

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

We understand the trouble you have encountered with the Pluto TV app on your Roku, and we'd like to collect further details so our team can investigate further. We kindly request the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version

Once these information are available, our team can work on the issue for a resolution.

When I opened the settings and then the tracker screen, I did not see anything called OS version or Channel build version on either screen. Are they called something else there?

Also, why why don't you just test a bunch of Roku Expresses at your end since that's the one everyone is reporting having issues with Pluto on?

0 Kudos
Frío
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Also, just so everyone knows, I called Roku directly, and in the same fashion as their unresponsiveness here, they're saying contact Pluto. I explained everything to them that we're dealing with and the rep seemed so 'matter of fact' about it. I asked him twice to make note of our concerns so it exists somewhere, and all he did was add a note to my account. Heaven knows how that will read because I explained a third time by that point that there's no more we can do to troubleshoot and I wasn't wasting my time doing the same old suggestions. Roku doesn't care. This is the hands-off finger-pointing I mentioned in a previous post. Roku and Pluto should be working together to resolve detailed technical app issues like this. This isn't my first experience w/ a problem and these type of responses from Roku.

Here's the number if you all want to try (unsure if it's an account-generated or ever-changing/indirect number like Google supplies but worth a try)

Good luck and godspeed, my fellow frustrated Rokuers!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.