Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AK2OH
Channel Surfer

Not Displaying Antenna All Channels it Found

Jump to solution

When I do a channel scan I normally get 21 channels.  However I had to do a new scan because a new channel has begun broadcasting in our area that we have been looking forward to (channel 7.4 MeTV Toons).

When I do a new scan it now says it found 22 channels.  However when I go into the guide it only displays 21 channels (7.4 is the one missing).

I checked the manage channels to see if it was “hidden” for some reason but only 21 show there too (again no 7.4)

I rescanned, I also selected start over.  I removed the antenna as input and then reentered it (clean slate), I removed the antennas connection scanned (no channels) and plugged back in and got found 22 again still only displaying 21 (no 7.4).

our other TVs all found it as did our channel master OTA DVR tuner.

Also 7.1, 7.2, & 7.3 all come in crystal clear so it is not a reception issue as my OTA DVR is on the same antenna and it brings it in clear as well.

What do I need to do to get the 22nd channel Roku is finding to display?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Robin77jk57
Reel Rookie

Re: Not Displaying Antenna All Channels it Found

Jump to solution

I seen on another post to change your zip code in roku to 30044 and it will pick up. I tried and it has worked for me.  

View solution in original post

Robin77jk57
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Do a rescan after changing zip. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
DHighland

Jump to solution

We are having the same issue. Our Visio tv picks up 7.4 but our two Roku tvs will not.

0 Kudos
Memee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue for me, cannot get whio 7.4 in roku tv.  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm having the same troubles 😕 I've scanned multiple times but 7.4 will not show up.

0 Kudos
Robin77jk57
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I seen on another post to change your zip code in roku to 30044 and it will pick up. I tried and it has worked for me.  

Robin77jk57
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Do a rescan after changing zip. 

AK2OH
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you!  This worked and then I changed my zip code back just fine. Makes no sense since 7.1-7.3 are broadcast from same tower.  Changing my zip code to Georgia to get an antenna station in Ohio.

Not sure why zip code should even be in the algorithm here.  It’s an antenna channel scan.  It should display all channels it receives signal for.

the scan was receiving it, it just wasn't displaying it to be accessed.  Very odd design for antenna scan to use a zip algorithm.

Important thing is you found a solution that worked great, thanks again.

Robin77jk57
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't understand either, but was very happy to find a work around.  I messed with it for a couple weeks and got frustrated before I found that solution on another thread.  

0 Kudos
Memee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That put 7.4 on my channel guide HOWEVER my TV guide is way off and not showing the correct programming. I even went back and changed my zip code to mine, but my guide still doesn't show correct programming, yet 7.4 shows up in the guide. Discouraged.

0 Kudos
AK2OH
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did this and it worked for a time, then there were two issues with that.

1) it changed the guide to a bunch of channels (I assume are in Georgia) for the channels I get.  So the guide is inaccurate except for WHIO channels (weird)

2) it eventually changed itself back to our zip code.  Oddly it happened when we were watching 7.4 and the screen just went black.  Went in and checked the zip and it had changed back to ours.

Great idea, thanks, but unfortunately not a permanent fix.

0 Kudos