Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken900
Reel Rookie

Image size too large for the TV even with rebooting

Picture too big, and rebooting does nothing. The Roku home screen and every streaming site are all too large. I have the Express 4K+ and a Samsung smart tv. It's difficult to see the dialogue on the Roku home screen because of the enlarged image, half or more is cut off.  I have tried everything I can think of including Web searches, YouTube, etc. and can't resolve the problem.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Image size too large for the TV even with rebooting

Have you tried the various TV settings for zoom, picture size, aspect ratio, etc?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ken900
Reel Rookie

Tried everything / all settings and nothing will change the size of the Roku image.  I guess I will have to return it and find a better product.

0 Kudos
Ray180
Reel Rookie

Same issue with my Onn tv with Roku. No matter which HDMI input I use, it shows my Xbox One at 640 x 480 with huge black borders all around and no sound at all. When trying to connect a Fire TV 4k stick, it shows it zoomed in so far that all I can see is 1/4 of what I should see and, again, no sound. Ironically, a much older Xbox 360 works just fine. I've tried every picture setting and I've picture reset and factory reset multiple times. I'm left with no choice but to return it if it will not work with an Xbox One.

0 Kudos
Ray180
Reel Rookie

Never mind. I was able to fix the Xbox picture by going to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video fidelity & overscan > Overrides and then clicking on HDMI. This allowed me to change the display resolution to 1440p when previously it showed 640x480 as the only option.

0 Kudos
Mikie14
Channel Surfer

Glad that worked for you.  It did not work for me. so I cant get to the menu for the roku display too large.  this has been going on for at least a year.  It didnt when I set it originally.  Why am I paying for something I cant watch? why doesnt Roku have dessent help?

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

The previous poster was talking about a display setting in the TV.  The TV menu system should be fine, even when the source material is misformatted.

0 Kudos