Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jen_d03
Reel Rookie

Bought a brand new Roku express 4k+ and its stuck on bouncing Roku logo???

I cannot get my new Roku to go past a bouncing Roku logo. It was worked a few times before this but I have tried everything to reset it and follow all steps in prior thread with no luck. My remote also cannot connect to the device. The light just flashes. What can I do next? 

0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Bought a brand new Roku express 4k+ and its stuck on bouncing Roku logo???

If it’s brand new why don’t you just return it? If you purchased it within the last 12 months it’s under warranty.

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@jen_d03 

Generally, the last resort is to factory reset the device (press and hold Reset for 30+ seconds while powered) and then try to connect it to a mobile hotspot (if available to you) on the 2.4ghz band and see if that gets you past the bouncing ball/bouncing letters.

If this doesn't work, usually indicates a failed device requiring replacement. If under a year, should qualify for warranty replacement. (Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements - https://support.roku.com/article/208757058)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
jen_d03
Reel Rookie

That would be ideal but I don’t have the receipt any longer so I don’t think that’s an option. 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@jen_d03  How long ago did you purchase it? With in the last 12 months? Your bank should show the purchase date. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@jen_d03 

Roku is able to determine from serial number and date of activation whether qualifies for warranty replacement.  (no need for receipt unless exchanging for refund with a retailer and under 30 days).    

If you go to the link https://support.roku.com/article/208757058 you will have different options available to you. (If you did not purchase from Roku, you are probably looking for the section titled "Replace a purchase from another retailer".  (You are seeking warranty replacement, not refund).

Roku is very good at warranty replacement as long as your device qualifies and within that 1-year period.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

jen_d03
Reel Rookie

So I went back to Walmart with my receipt off the app and they could not accept it. So I followed the steps on the return warranty from another retailer, however it does not tell you how to return if your Roku does not function. I cannot get to the settings screen due to the Roku being unable to load. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jen_d03

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to assist you further with the issue you are experiencing. Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jen_d03
Reel Rookie

Thank you so much! SN: SOAH5157FJHN

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jen_d03

Thanks for providing the requested information.

I have passed the information along to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator