Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jagoff1941
Reel Rookie

Re: An error occurred loading this page - Error: 451

I had the same issue. Disabling my VPN allowed me to stream via browser (https://therokuchannel.roku.com) as well as with the Roku desktop/laptop app on Windows 10.

Don't know if this applies to your situation but, it worked in mine. Many website servers block certain IP addresses despite being on a legitimate VPN.

SeaIsland

Thank you that worked I had tried a few other steps.

I am also getting this error, if I turn off my VPN, I can stream what I want to watch. I hope that they have a solution to this error.

Jagoff1941
Reel Rookie

Glad you're able to work around this issue. I should clarify two points: 1) this is NOT entirely a Roku issue but rather a VPN issue as well; 2) I only need to disable my VPN to establish the connection - once streaming begins, I re-enable my VPN without further issue. Both points pertain to not only Roku, but also many websites.

0 Kudos

I am using the app and the Edge browser on my computer and have the same issue.  The tv's and phone work fine.

0 Kudos