Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hillers
Reel Rookie

An error occurred loading this page - Error: 451

Getting this error. Have tried refreshing page, reopening new one, clearing cache, and closing other browsers, but problem has persisted since yesterday. Please advise. Thank you

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: An error occurred loading this page - Error: 451

What page?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
hillers
Reel Rookie

"From" episode 1

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

A Roku does not have a browser not does it have cache. Are you speaking about your computer? Phone? From episode 1 of what? More details would be nice 

0 Kudos
hillers
Reel Rookie

Watching first free episode on my laptop. It's an HP Omen. Got through about 30 minutes of the show before it just stopped working

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Ok and what does any of this have to do with Roku? So your issue seems to be your watching something from the Roku Channel on your laptop and your getting an error? It would help if you gave complete details. This is a Roku community about troubleshooting your Roku device. Not a laptop. What browser are you using? Edge? Chrome? Firefox? Are you using an ad blocker? The list goes on and on. Did you try another device?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@hillers-

Are you asking about this here because you are trying to watch this on therokuchannel.com on your laptop?

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@makaiguy  Exactly. Hence the "HP Omen". But we do not have enough details to go off of. Viewing something from  web browser is an entirely different troubleshooting tree all together. Tons of factors play into the roll. Including any sort of antivirus, ad blocker, version of Windows,  which browser being used. We don't even know what they are trying to watch. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Streamer317 wrote:

@makaiguy  Exactly. Hence the "HP Omen". But we do not have enough details to go off of.

Precisely.  That's why I wanted it confirmed before even starting to explore possible solutions.

BTW, HTTP error 451 is issued when a received HTTP request is blocked for some "legal reason".  Could be blocked for anything legal such as copyright infringement or national security.  So depending on exactly what file @hillers is trying to access, there may not be a cure.

Wikipedia article on error 451.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
hillers
Reel Rookie

Yes. Turned off VPN and that seemed to do the trick. Good to know you can always count on the friendly members of the Roku community for guidance. Very friendly.