Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roberto3
Reel Rookie

Amazon prime not loading video, app runs fine just simple won't load video when hit play

I have posted this issue more than a couple times here.... and I was really upset that the answer was always around the grounds of installing updates, restarting the application, resetting roku device, restarting and resetting the internet connection,  connecting to a different network... etc, etc, etc. It was very fruatrsting that nothing seemed to work... all other streaming apps would run just fine, in this device and all other devices in the house, connected to the same wifi... but amazon prime was just not loading moviens when trying to play, only in this one device... same account.... you get the joke...

Turns out that, in an attempt to detect intruders in my network, I came accross a setting in the modem's firewall that was blocking some "ports" for one specific IP, not specifying a name or description for the device using that IP... I removed that blocker and .... eureka!!!! This did it for me!!!!!

I do admit that I did get general directions similar to  "check your internet settings", yet, this is too general for a non-technical person. After resolving this, I am surprised that roku does not have a highly visible post somewhere explaining how to troubleshoot this issue in this way...

I have no idea how the IP got blacklisted in the modem settings.... but I am glad I accidentally found it.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.