Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ccarp83081
Reel Rookie

AMC+ app won’t play on Hisense +Roku Tv Gives -6error

Jump to solution

AMC+ will not play any content. I have a Hisense tv with built in Roku. Every show on AMC+ gives me error code -6 when I try to watch it. All other apps work fine. This is through the AMC+ app downloaded to the tv, not through the Roku channel itself. The app works fine on the Roku express device I have in another room but won’t play at all on my main tv. I’ve spoken with AMC+ several times and they say it’s a Roku issue. I’m paying money for a service I cannot even use because the tv won’t work. Please help. I’ve already tried removing and reinstalling the app, clearing the cache, and all my software is up to date. This have been going on for over a week (since 9/26/22). 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ccarp83081
Reel Rookie

Re: AMC+ app won’t play on Hisense +Roku Tv Gives -6error

Jump to solution

The most recent Roku software update (10/14/22) seems to have finally fixed the issue. I was finally able to access the AMC+ content last night after installing it. Thanks 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I don't know if it will help, but it's always a good idea to restart all of your network equipment when strange problems occur - gateway/modem/router.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ccarp83081
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve done this and about everything else you can imagine short of a full factory reset and nothing works. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ccarp83081

Thanks for the follow up.

If you have already tried to remove the channel, restart the device, and then added the channel back again and are still experiencing an issue, I'd recommend reaching out to AMC+ directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ccarp83081
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I reached out to AMC+ originally and they are the ones who told me the issue was with Roku. It still doesn’t work and it’s been about three weeks now. 

0 Kudos
Ccarp83081
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The most recent Roku software update (10/14/22) seems to have finally fixed the issue. I was finally able to access the AMC+ content last night after installing it. Thanks 

0 Kudos