Wish to use remote speakers ONLY (not internal TV) to put sound on wall opposite of the TV

I am hoping to wirelessly connect speakers so that I can have the sound come out of remote speakers and NOT the TV.  The TV is on a shared wall with a bedroom on the other side in a 3BR apartment, so out of courtesy, we want the sound to be closer to the viewers and not the TV itself.  

(1) Do the TV's internal speakers remain functional once you connect ANY of the remote speakers that Roku sells?  I want them off... 

(2) The TV is a "Roku TV" (has Roku internal to the TV, and came with a Roku remote that controls the whole TV) but I forget the actual brand name of the TV... we purchased from Wal Mart several years ago.  Safe to assume that this TV is compatible with all of the Roku wireless speaker options?

(3) How stable are they?  I'm seeing lots of concerns about the sound becoming wonky for no apparent reason... 

Thanks in advance to those of you who have these systems..

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.